Gov't Contracting 101 Class
Cost: FREE (click here to see dates)
Small businesses are extremely under represented in the government market. We host weekly events to help small business owners access great opportunities in the Federal, state and local government contracting market.
1) 99.7% of the companies in America are small businesses (SBA size standards), yet less than 22% of Federal contracting dollars are awarded to small businesses.
2) 41% of all US companies are owned by women, yet less than 3.7% of Federal contracting dollars are awarded to women owned small businesses.
3) Minorities make up 43.9% of the US population, yet only 7.8% of Federal contracting dollars are awarded to minority firms.
Here are some points we will cover:
- How you can grow your business through gov't contracts
- Why the gov't market may be a great place to do business
- How to use your small business status, woman status or minority status to gain a competitive advantage
- What certifications are available for set-aside or sole source contracts
- How big the gov't market is
- How much the government spends in your industry
- How the gov't buys your product/service
- One quick strategy you can use to get government work in the next 90 days
- Why the gov't market may NOT be the best fit for your business
- Requirements you need to have to be successful as a gov't contractor
- And many other things!
Government Contractors Association, Inc.
3300 Buckeye Rd, Suite 840, Atlanta, GA 30341
Thursday 9am - 10:30am or Thursday 6pm - 7:30pm
FREE: Registration is required.
Questions? Contact us at 404-955-8080