Government Contractors Association

Your Partner in the Government Market

CCR Part 2 - Contracting Tip #5

Posted by Ambalal Patel on May 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM

What is MPIN? Where to locate MPIN?

A Marketing Partner ID Number (MPIN) is a personal code that allows you to access other government applications such as the Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS) and the Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA).

The MPIN acts as your password in these other systems, and you should guard it as such.

The MPIN is amandatory data element created by the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) registrant and must have nine characters containing at least one letter (upperor lower case) and one number.  No spaces or special characters are permitted.


To view your company's MPIN:

1. Go to the CCR Homepage: (updated:

2. Enter your user ID and password, and then click the "Log In"button.

3. Select "View" across from the DUNS number you are looking for.

4. Scroll to the bottom of the Points of Contact to view your MPIN.

If you change your MPIN, be aware that it may take 24-48 hours for other government systems to recognize your new MPIN.  

Know your SIC, PSC and PSG Codes:

SIC:A Standard Industrial Classification Code.   These are no longer being collected or displayed in CCR.

PSC: Federal Supply Class Code (PSC) is an optional, four-character, numeric code used to describe the products your business sells.  CLICK HERE to download PSC codes!

PSG: Federal Supply Group (PSG) is an optional, four-character, alpha-numeric code that describes the services your business offers, no spaces. 


Information of EIN, TIN and TPIN:

What if you do not know your Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)?

The integrity of the data in the CCR is very important.  IRS is responsible for Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) information; therefore, they will validate Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Taxpayer Names.

Verify the original notice you received from the IRS assigning you your Employee Identification Number (EIN), and your most recent federal tax return for the business.  If Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is your Social Security Number (SSN), compare name and number with the information on your actual social security card.

TradingPartner Identification Numbers (TPINs):

Effective December 21, 2009, Trading Partner Identification Numbers (TPINs) are no longer used. The TPIN has been replaced by a user ID and password.  Existing users of CCR were sent email notifications informing them of this change and were provided instructions on how to create a new user profile.

Stay tuned for next Contracting Tip Newsletter!

 Subscribe it HERE!


Categories: Contracting Tips

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

You must be a member to comment on this page. Sign In or Register